To update, The Tree Of Rebels is finished, has a front cover and is ready for release. But I have decided to try the small press route first, just in case. So far I have sent it out to seven independent publishers and been rejected already by two. I am going to try to add another three to the list and then leave it at that. My reasons for trying the traditional route for this book are all in this recent blog post; Self-Publishing; Good times, bad times and ugly truths.
Obviously, I want this book released as soon as possible, which is why I am only trying ten suitable publishers and I have given myself until July. This particular book has been two years in the making and I feel it is very relevant to the times we are currently living in, so I am itching to get it out there. But if I self-publish again I’m going to do a proper book launch, which is something I have never done before! I need to start working on this now so that come July I can kick everything into action and give this novel the best start possible. So here is my plan which I am going to print out and stick it on my wall like a check list!
Book Launch Plan (month in advance)
- Send out ARC’s to potential reviewers and book bloggers.
- Read and write blog posts about similar books in the genre to mine. Let the authors know, and share the books on social media
- Use Instafreebie to set up a free sample of ARC’s of the book a month in advance
- Set the book up for pre-order a month in advance
- Post quotes/teasers to social media by using Canva graphics
- Send out ARC’s to email subscribers a month in advance
- Arrange a paid book promotion to coincide with launch week
- Launch the book at discount price 99p
- Send the Street Team ARC’s a month in advance and invigorate them to share my posts about the book
- Sort out either and Amazon ad or a Facebook ad
- Make sure Amazon book description contains relevant keywords
- Upload Createspace paperback version so it’s ready for release at same time
Book Launch Week
- Set up a Facebook Event for book launch day
- Set up a giveaway for the event day
- Share event and book link to promotional groups
- Share event and book link to Street Team
- Send out another newsletter
- Schedule a blog post about the book this week
- Arrange a suitable guest post if possible
- Post quotes and teasers leading up to the event
- Reveal the cover a week before
- Start posting chapters back onto Wattpad which is where the book was originally written.
Now, I am sure I have forgotten something, so if you’ve ever launched a book yourself, please let me know what else you did! As always, please feel free to share and comment! I am thinking about having a physical launch as well, possibly in the library.
This list has excited me and I can’t wait to get this book out there! Not long now folks!